Thursday, April 12, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday

Where does the time go?

Booking Through Thursday

Have you ever missed an important appointment because you have become so engrossed in a book you forgot the time or were up so late reading that you didn't wake up in time? Been late to work because you couldn't resist the temptation and left the house too late?

I've certainly become engrossed in books - anyone else read The Stand in one sitting? I was getting bedsores that night. I've stayed up too late, much too late, on a work night to finish a book and I couldn't let myself read while I was in university many years ago, because I would have missed classes, BUT, I've never missed anything or been late. I've been bleary eyed and cranky, and I once burned a pot of carrots dry that I was cooking to make baby food, but that's my worst disaster.