Friday, June 29, 2007

BOOK: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

It's always exciting to find a new mystery series. This was my first book in the summer mystery, new-to-you author read. I've been reading good things about this series, and it was a great summer read.
Stephanie Plum is new to the bounty hunting business, and she is on a steep learning curve trying to bring in Morelli, a cop accused of murder who has jumped bail. The novel follows Stephanie as she tries to bring in Morelli, but she goes way back with him, and you can feel the heat on every page. (I have a crush on Morelli already.) There is a lot more humor in the mystery than I expected and it means I will be looking for the next book in the series. I enjoy a mystery with humor; it balances all the blood and bombs and guns. I love how this series has catching titles: One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to get Deadly, ... The thirteenth book has just been released and I've been noticing reviews already.
First book of summer vacation.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Burg! Haha The Plum novels are funny, and I hope you will enjoy getting to know Stephanie and her gang. My favorite is Grandma Mazur. Not that you asked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I have read four, and hope to get through five and six in July for the Summer Reading Challenge.

    It's fluff reading, but fun. Great for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've just found Stephanie!! You lucky girl - what fun you have ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sister in law reads these books and enjoys them. Hhhmmm. Maybe I'll add it to my adult reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one for my E author for the Alphabet Challenge! I agree with the Morelli crush. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)