Saturday, September 1, 2007

UPDATE: August Books

I felt I tackled some large books this month, Jane Eyre, The Blind Assassin, and We started the month off slowly, and I didnt' expect to end up reading this many books. A few children's novels helped the stats at the end of the month. I am pleased with the quality of books and the variety: I had dystopian, classic, scifi, childrens, young adult, contemporary and just released fiction. I've got Canadian and world views, old and new authors, with a total of 13 books. A few challenges are just about done, and there are some great ones about to begin. Happy Reading!

Books Read for Dystopian Challenge - 2
Books Read for Something About Me Challenge - 5
Books Read for Classic Challenge - 2
Award Winners - 4
top 50_books list - 2

Best Books: Never Let Me Go, I Am the Messenger, Cloud of Bone these three might make my year's best list they were so good
Best New Author: Markus Zusak, Kazou Ishiguro
Favorite Canadian Author: Bernice Morgan

95. Fighting Ruben Wolfe - Markus Zusak
94. O Pioneers! - Willa Cather
93. Cloud of Bones - Bernice Morgan
92. Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
91. The Reluctant Fundmentalist - Mohsin Hamid
90. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
89. Never Let Me Go - Kazou Ishiguro
88. Inkheart - Cornelia Funke
87. The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
86. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
85. We - Yevgeny Zamyatin
84. I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
83. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood

3 comments:

  1. Is Ishiguro totally new to you? If so, you have got to read The Remains of the Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookfool - yes! I loved the book and I can't wait for The Remains of the Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Never Let Me Go! Such a strangely sparse book. But had a big impact!! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)