Saturday, February 9, 2008

BOOK: Shakespeare's Counselor by Charlaine Harris

Shakespeare's Counselor by Charlaine Harris

series challenge


The last book in the Lily Bard mysteries has Lily beginning to deal openly with her past attack and attending group counselling for rape survivors. Strange things begin happening to the group leader, who is new in town. But with all these books, the story is more about Lily and her recovery, and Harris has her characterization done perfectly. I've enjoyed reading Lily's progression and sad as it is to say, it is OK for this series to end. Lily will be alright.


And this makes my first series that I've completed. Sadly, I only just started this one last summer during the Southern Reading Challenge, and I've read all five books. I say sadly because there are many other series I haven't even looked at in that time. Time to get focused. I hope to finish another series (Shopaholic and Baby) and then read another book in a few more. I've got a couple other books I am working on right now that I don't seem to be ripping through. Normally that doesn't bother me, but these challenges with their lists of great books to come make me resent a book that goes too slowly.

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to start this series! And I know what you mean about a book taking forever! The book I'm reading now just keeps going and going and going. And it's not even a challenge book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love reading series books, there comes a point where they must end, although it doesn't always seem like that is the author's plan, does it? Hah

    I'm very much looking forward to getting through this one. I am glad to hear that Lily Bard is able to make some peace with her past and look forward to a better future. That's the way it should be in a series like this.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)