Friday, February 29, 2008

UPDATE: February books and Challenges

Books Bought/Received:

Terry by Douglas Coupland
All in Together Girls by Kate Sutherland
Bleeds the Dusk by Colleen Gleason
Northanger Abbey (it was a really pretty edition!)
The Quirks and Quarks Guide to Space by Jim Lebans
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
The End of East by Jen Sookfong Lee

Books Read
28. Black Swan Green - David Mitchell
27. The Quirks and Quarks Guide to Space - Jim Lebans
26. Remember Me? - Sophie Kinsella
25. Silence of the Grave - Arnaldur Indridason
24. All in Together Girls - Kate Sutherland
23. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things - Carolyn Mackler
22. Atonement - Ian McEwan
21. So Long, Jackie Robinson - Nancy Russell
20. Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
19. Never Have Your Dog Stuffed - Alan Alda
18. Lorelei - Lori Derby Bingley
17. Shakespeare's Counselor - Charlaine Harris
16. Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell
15. Booked to Die - John Dunning


Challenge Update for February

Themed Reading Challenge Jan - June 2008
finished, read 8/8 First category in the 888 completed

Hometown Challenge Nov '07 - March 1, 2008
read 2/1, this month, completed

Book Award Challenge July 1 2007 - June 30, 2008
read 17/12, but I have 2 more that I want to read before I consider this done

Canadian Book Challenge - Oct '07 - July 1 '08
read 8; still Nfld, Alta, BC, Yukon, NWT to go.

Series Challenge Dec 1 - June 30, 2008
finished the Lily Bard mysteries
but I only have one more to read in 2 series: Shopaholic, Gardella Vampire Chronicles.

A - Zed Author and Titles Challenge all year 2008
read 18/52; still a long way to go obviously

decades challenge - all year 2008
only 1, haven't begun thinking of this one yet

in their shoes - all year 2008
4/8

Cardathon Challenge - all year 2008
2/9

What's in a Name? all year 2008
2/6; first name and color

YAC books all year 2008
4/12

Man Booker Challenge all year 2008
2/6 although I might make this all short listed books since I own six, which means 1/6

notable books 2007 - all year 2008
2/8

In the Pub - all year 2008
2/8

mini-challenges 2008
8/12

chunkster challenge 2
1/4

4 comments:

  1. You are just so organized when it comes to reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 books in February??!!!

    You're killing me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, and you're brave for putting your books acquired on your website. I wouldn't dare do that for fear my husband would see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stephanie - it's an illness, I can't help it.:)

    jill - I'm thinking. It's a hard one!

    3m - He doesn't look at this so it's not so bad, and some were publisher books. I didn't buy them all.
    I'm surprised it ended up being 14books. I will kill you this month in books- it's my March break. I'm going to raid the school library for the week as I'm hoping for a YA bonanza.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)