Sunday, September 14, 2008

ETC: Books, and more books!


“Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!” Dr Seuss

Holy cow! I won one of those Hachette boxes of books from Trish, Hey Lady! Whatcha Reading?

The box contains all the following:

1. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World By Vicky Myron , Bret Witter ISBN: 0446407410 $19.99 Audio book, eBook, large print also available
2. The Book of Calamities: Five Questions About Suffering and Its Meaning
By Peter Trachtenberg ISBN: 0316158798, $23.99 eBook also available
3. Say You’re One of Them By Uwem Akpan ISBN: 0316113786 $23.99 Audio Book, eBook available
4. Bo’s Lasting Lessons: The Legendary Coach Teaches the Timeless Fundamentals of Leadership By Bo Schembechler , John Bacon $13.99 ISBN: 044658200X Audio book, ebook also available
5. Knowing Right from Wrong: A Christian Guide to Conscience By Fr. Thomas D. Williams $19.99 ISBN: 0446582018 eBook also available
6. Titanic’s Last Secrets: The Further Adventures of Shadow Divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler By Brad Matsen $27.99 ISBN: 0446582050 Audio book, ebook also available
7. A Whack on the Side of the Head: How You Can Be More Creative By Roger von Oech (25th Anniversary) $16.99 ISBN: 0446404667
8. Ethics 101: What Every Leader Needs To Know By John Maxwell $9.95 ISBN: 0446578096 Audio book, Audio book, ebook also available
9. The Self-Esteem Trap: Raising Confident and Compassionate Kids in an Age of Self-Importance By Polly Young-Eisendrath $25.99 ISBN: 0316013110 Audio book, ebook also available
10. Roads to Quoz: An American Mosey By William Least Heat-Moon $27.99 ISBN: 0316110256 Audio book, ebook, large print also available



What I like is that they are not books I would usually buy, but I think they nearly all look interesting. Some look like great reference books to have around the house, some look like they'd be great to have in my classroom, and there is something for everyone in my family.

thanks to Trish and to Hachette books. I can't wait until they get here!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on winning a box of books! That will definitely be a fun day when they arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I won a box from Dewey & Hachette a few months ago and it was great.

    The Dewey book looks so interesting. The library was in Iowa, too!

    1morechapter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I, too, won one of the boxes a few months ago.

    And I love the quote...I'm using a different Dr. Seuss quote later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! is right. That's quite a list of books. Congratulations Raidergirl3. ~~Tickled pink~~ for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. trish - thank you

    3m - have you been at that library? The Dewey book looks so cool because of, well, dewey!
    ps - can you zip me your current addy?

    softdrink (can I call you pepsi?) - thanks, Seuss works for most days, doesn't he?

    booklogged - thanks Cheya.
    Oh, I saw Anne and Gilbert: the Musical yesterday in Summerside. Absolutely wonderful, it covers the 2nd two books in the series. I was sobbing by the end, and my 8 year old daughter said: 'I don't cry from songs.' I plan to write a little post about it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)