Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MEME: Tuesday Thingers

Today's question: Series. Do you collect any series? Do you read series books? Fantasy? Mystery? Science fiction? Religious? Other genre? Do you use the series feature in LT to help you find new books or figure out what you might be missing from a series?

I was so excited when I noticed this as one of the columns in my librarything library. I love a series, and I love to read a series in order! I started with the Bobbsey Twins as a young child, read through Bruno and Boots, Ramona, and Fudge. I don't remember any series reading in high school but I later fell into mystery and detective series, like the 87th precinct by Ed McBain, Agatha Christie's wonderful mysteries and Brother Cadfael. Finding a prolific author like Anne Perry and her two Victorian detectives - Monk and Pitt, makes finding books at the library super easy. Most recently, it's been Miss Julia and the Shopaholic and the Shakespeare mysteries. And of course, Anne of Green Gables is part of a huge series, read and reread over and over again.

I do use the series feature to find what might be missing, or what book I found in the series - most recently the Hester Phyrnne series. My favorite is reading a new book, and then seeing that it is part of a series when I add it to LT. Thanks LT, I love this feature.