Monday, January 5, 2009

CHALLENGE: Science Book Challenge 2009



Once again, the Science Book Challenge is beckoning me. Actually, JN Shaumeyer invited me to partake again, and I couldn't refuse. Information from the site says:

Read at least three nonfiction books in 2009 related somehow to the theme "Nature's Wonders". Your books should have something to do with science, scientists, how science operates, or science's relationship with its surrounding culture. Your books might be popularizations of science, they might be histories, they might be biographies, they might be anthologies; they can be recent titles or older books. We take a very broad view of what makes for interesting and informative science reading.

Here's a few I have here, patiently waiting to be read:
1. Miss Leavitt's Stars - George Johnson 07/20

2. The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene All the scoop on string theory

3. E= mc^2 by David Bodanis 07/27 All about the famous equation

Check out the cool fractal photo for the button.

3 comments:

  1. String theory, huh? I hope to pick my books THIS WEEK for this challenge. I'm combining one of my books to read with a field trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you were lured in too :P I'm still working on my list...looking for things to read has actually been lots of fun. I hope you enjoy your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about this challenge, but I'd have no hope of understanding the books you chose! My possibles lean towards biology...but I really ought to expand my horizons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)