Monday, February 9, 2009

MEME: a few of my favorite things

Y. Yikes! She gave me Y. Chris posted this meme where you list the things that you like that begin with an assigned letter. The letter Y could be tricky. Here is a list of my favorite things that begin with the letter Y. If you want to play along, just ask in the comments and I'll give you a letter.

Y in the Sand Y is for my neighbours\ Silver Spring Avenue Peeling Capital Letter Y (Silver Spring, MD) y Y Plain Educational Block Y Y - hemkunskap y



1. Yogi Bear - One of my favorite of the Hanna Barbara cartoons, Yogi and his little buddy, Boo Boo Bear. I few years ago we used to watch the Laff-A-Lympics. The Scooby Doobies, the Yogi Yahooeys, and the Really Rottens, all the villains, competed in an hilarious predictable manner.

2. Yellow beans - best eaten raw, right out of the garden. We plant a garden every year to each fresh raw vegetables.


3. yard - summer is spent in the backyard, with the swing set, the inflatable pool, the basketball net, the barbecue, the deck. Really, a wonderful spot as we watch the trees grow that we planted the first year or two we lived in the house.

4. Yesterday - song by the Beatles, sung by many people.

5. yogurt (raspberry or vanilla) - I'm not a huge yogurt fan, but the new frozen yogurt that tastes just like ice cream is pretty delicious. For regular yogurt, I mostly only eat raspberry or vanilla.

6. "Your Eyes" from Rent - I often put on the Rent soundtrack when I am correcting. I would love to see this musical on stage, I've only seen the movie


7. Yahtzee - I've had the original game for years, and one of the most enjoyable kids games we've bought was Pokemon Yahtzee. It lasts about 5 - 7 minutes to play a game, and is slightly possible to throw, ensuring the kid wins, an important part of playing games with pre-schoolers.


8. yabba dabba doo - One of the best summer playlist I had was during university, and it had the theme to the Flintstones in the middle. Good times, good memories.


9. y-intercept - I love math, and you can always rely on the y- intercept to help graph an equation


10. Yellowknife - pretty good book written by Steve Zipp. He helped me plenty in the A to Zed reading challenge last year, with a tough letter to start a book or author last name, which ever was needed most. This book was so unique and interesting I would recommend it to people who haven't read anything set in the north of Canada. I haven't been there myself, but the capital of the Northwest Territories is the main character of the quirky novel.













7 comments:

  1. I love Yahtzee too...my sister and I used to have a perpetual tournament going...at some point we realized we had a problem and retired our Yahtzee cup:)

    You lost me at y-intercept...math is my arch-enemy...only problem being I can't get away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it was Random.org not me! You did pretty good with Y though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BookPsmith - I haven't played real Yahtzee in a long time, but Pokemon Yahtzee is mindlessly fun.

    chris - it took me a while, but I found 10. I wish I liked Yams, or Yemin, or Yop.
    Oh, I just realized I missed Yeti - the Yeti stomp in Backyardigan's rocks, and the Yeti in Monsters, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your Y selections extremely original and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome with the 'Y'! I had a hard enough time with 'T' and I thought it would be easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y?!! Better you than me! But you did a fantastic job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y is hard, you did really well! I was lucky to be able to see Rent when it was playing for a short time in London. It really is a lot of fun live! I hope you get a chance to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)