Thursday, August 6, 2009

MEME: Booking Through Thursday: Recent Serious

What’s the most serious book you’ve read recently?(I figure it’s easier than asking your most serious boook ever, because, well, it’s recent!)




The Lizard Cage
by Karen Connelly is the most serious book I've read in a long time. It was very well done, and I couldn't put it down, but a prison in Myanmar with a political prisoner in jail for singing songs is pretty depressing. Yet, I was amazed at the power for good by the end of the book.

I would recommend this book and just let people know it was very serious and violent and disturbing, but also uplifting and demonstrates the beauty of the enlightened soul. Depravity can only be recognized along side good, for its difference.

1 comment:

  1. I've not heard of that one before. I'll have to see if the library has a copy... Here's my response.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)