Friday, November 27, 2009

CHALLENGE: A Colourful Challenge


hosted by Rebecca at Lost in Books
This is the second year that Rebecca has hosted A Colourful Challenge. (Note my Canadian spelling!) It runs all year and you have to read 9 books.

old rules:

Read 9 books with 9 different colors in the title. Six colors are required, while the last 3 can be your choice.
new rules:
You still need to read 9 books with 9 different colors in the title, but this time you get to choose all 9 colors for your books!

Here's a list of possible colours:
  • Blue : Gathering Blue, Blue Castle, Virgin Blue
  • Silver : Pat of Silver Bush by LM Montgomery

The Books Read:
1. Purple: Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi
2. Red: Red Mandarin Dress by Qiu Xiaolong
3. Black: Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden
4. Green : The Green Mill Murder by Kerry Greenwood
5. White: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
6. Grey: Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
7. Yellow: A Little Yellow Dog by Walter Mosley
8. Orange: Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris
9. Blue: The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery

3 comments:

  1. May I suggest a book for green? Jade Green by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was a good ghost story. It's YA fiction. My review is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. callista - suggestions are more than welcome! I liked Naylor's Shiloh, I'll keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I just now got by here to say welcome to the challenge! I am so glad you joined!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)