Friday, January 18, 2013

BOOK: More Baths Less Talking by Nick Hornby

More Baths Less Talking by Nick Hornby, 140 pages


Nick Hornby continues his series of articles from The Believer chronicling his reading and buying books. The first few books in the series, The Polysyllabic Spree, and Housekeeping vs the Dirt were better books in my mind. It's still fun to see if he's buying and reading books I've already read, (there were a few) but my same complaints from the last book, Shakespeare Wrote for Money  - a lot of non-fiction, and no excerpts of books included, haven't changed. This book had quite a bit of Dickens, an author I haven't read much. Come on Nick, why aren't you reading the books I've read?

It's still a fun book, and readers generally like to read about other people's reading. That is why we blog after all.