Tuesday, March 17, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Spring TBR List

 toptentuesday.jpg




March Break! Perfect day being home and able to post for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Of course, I'd be home regardless today because ANOTHER BLIZZARD has hit the Maritimes, another 54 cm of snow, 24 hours of blowing snow causing unbelievable drifts. At this point, I am unable to be impressed with yet another picture of a snow drift because it causes my brain to shut off. This is not possible. What is possible apparently, is another drop of 15-20 cm snow tonight/tomorrow. Which isn't a lot, but when the first pile hasn't been cleaned up? Seriously, weather? We give up. 

Books I Hope to Read this Spring (or as we call it, the Winter continued)

Books in continuing series...

Gone by Mo Hayder
I finished Skin last week, and this is the third in a mini-trilogy within the series, so I want to read it while I still remember what happened in Skin.


Game of Mirrors by Andrea Camilleri
The latest in Inspector Montalbano will be released in April, with another one translated this fall so I better stay on top of this series. Camilleri is turning 90 this year. Remember when I wrote about Sicily and my love of the series? 



Books from the Bailey's Prize for Women's Longlist...

  The Girl Who Was Saturday Night by Heather O'Neill
A Canadian nominated for the Bailey's! I've read her Lullabies for Little Criminals and remember it as gritty Montreal.



How to Be Both by Ali Smith
I read her There But For The book when it was last nominated for the Bailey's Prize, but I get her mixed up with Zadie Smith and I think I liked her NW better.  Oh my, that's not an appealing cover.




Audiobooks...

The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie
A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie

Both are requested at the library and should arrive soon.



Books from my own shelves...
Triptych by Karin Slaughter
A new series with Will Trent set in Atlanta. If I get this read, the rest of the series is available in audiobook from the library.



Strange Heaven by Lynn Coady
I picked this up at a used book sale somewhere along the way. I have no idea what this book is about, but I am using it for a Governor Generals award nominated book for the Reading Bingo, Eh challenge.


A Canadian authored book from my shelves. I really don't care which one it is, and I have plenty to pick from - The Age of Longing by Richard B Wright, essays by Rex Murphy, Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens, Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro, The Last Crossing by Guy Vanderhaege, Republic of Love by Carol Shields, Orxy and Crake by Margaret Atwood,

 Book for Bookclub...
Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
Looks like an easy fun read for my next book club meeting.