Thursday, January 5, 2017

CHALLENGE: My List at the Library





Last year I made up a challenge called Once and Again to read that second book by an author whose first book I thoroughly enjoyed. I had great success and read almost all 6 books I picked out. I was going to do it again, but realized I set too particular parameters, leaving out the third or fourth book, or even the first by an author.

What I really want to do is read those books I had placed on my Library List. Does your library have this? I can place books I want to read, or have read a great review of (thanks friends!) on a digital list. Not requested or anything, just my own personal TBR. There are books on that list now that I have no idea where I heard of them!



Libraries! What would I do without my library! I search and check there first, I can List it, or request it. Plus, PEI is so small, that all the branch libraries are part of the whole Provincial Library Services, so the catalog includes all the books in the province. I can see in which library the book I want is located. I can pick it up at that library if it is close, or request it and they mail it to my base library. Actual snail mail! Our book club reads nearly all our books from Book Club Kits available from the library.


So, here are the books that called out to me the most from my library list that I hope to read by the end of 2017. Join me if you want - read books from your library!


Wild Dogs by Helen Humphreys

Carry Me Down by MJ Hyland

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell

Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson

Slammerkin and/or Landing by Emma Donaghue

How to Start a Fire by Lisa Lutz



Glass Harmonica by Russell Wangersky

The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta

Mr Clarinet by Nick Stone

Live by Night by Dennis Lehane

West of Sunset by Stewart O'Nan

Redshirts by John Scalzi