Thursday, October 13, 2011

BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY: Sequel

If you could get a sequel for any book, what would it be?

Some of my favorite books already have sequels (Anne of Green Gables, Bridget Jones, Heidi, plus all the mysteries - I do love my comfortable characters). Anne of Green Gables even has a prequel that was recently written (Before Green Gables.) I can think of a few. It would be great to revisit Jane Eyre and see her and Mr Rochester in their later years. The only problem is that another book would need a plot, which involves conflict of some kind, and I'd really rather imagine them happily ever after, for ever after.

After I finished The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens this summer, I wasn't ready to be done of the characters Mary Gooch and her husband. That's a book I'd love to see some follow up to. Either from her husband's point of view, or just more of Mary on her life journey. The book ended on a beginning of sorts, and I'd like to read more about Mary Gooch.

What books am I forgetting about that need a sequel?