Sunday, February 10, 2013

READATHON: Snowmageddon Update

hosted by chrisbookarama

We got our storm! Lots of snow, and the forecast today is continuing blowing snow, and high winds. Day two of being storm-stayed. The treats I bought at Wal-mart on Friday in preparation of the storm have been discovered by the children (smarties, macaroons, corn puffs) and husband (beer) and we are just about out of snacks now.

the view from our front window

Reading has gone well. I finished Dressing Up for the Carnival by Carol Shields, a short story collection I have been reading slowing for a few weeks. I also read a few more chapters of The Calculus Diaries by Jennifer Ouellete, a non-fiction account of how useful calculus is, and I expect to finish it today. I am also making headway on Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin. It's a historical mystery, set in 1171 England and the first of four books in a little series.

I took a break in reading yesterday to watch the Coal Bowl final. My son's (and my school's) basketball team made it to the final, and while they played a great game, the other team was a little better. The Raiders lost by 7. And now, they are stuck in Cape Breton with their silver medals. Today, breaks in reading will be taken for a little correcting, but overall, it's been a great storm as storms go. The RCMP have been advising everyone to stay off the roads, so everything is cancelled and there is no where to go. Reading and eating shall continue.

Oops, the family just found the garlic bread in the fridge, so off I go for more snacks.