Thursday, December 10, 2015

#AMonthofFaves: 5 New Authors

A Month of Faves






Join hosts  GirlxoxoTraveling with T and Estella’s Revenge in looking back at the year that was, sharing your favs.  Check out the Event Schedule.

Today on #AMonthofFaves, it is 5 New Authors (to me) from 2015. Most of my reading has been tried and true favourite authors, but a few new writers hit my radar. Some were very good and I'd like to read more, like the authors below:


Laura Lippman
Book club choice of Hush, Hush was very good! This book landed me right in the middle of an established mystery series, but I would certainly read more of Tess Monaghan. Loved the Baltimore setting.

Karin Slaughter
Another mystery series, this one set in Atlanta. I actually read two books this year (Triptych and Fractured) by Slaughter, and there are more Will Trent books just waiting for me. *rubs hands with glee*

Sandra Gulland
Another book club choice, The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. I didn't know I enjoyed Napolean/French history, but this book about Josephine (before she became Josephine) was very good, and the first in a trilogy.

Melissa Bank
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing was a delightful surprise! Written kind of like Olive Kitteridge, connected short story chapters about one person. I'll be talking about this book more before the end of the year.

Jenny Offill
The delightful Dept. of Speculation was so engaging and such a quick listen, that I should probably listen again. It was that quick and delightful, that I just might! It reminded me of The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan in that the story is not linear, but the pieces make up the story.

Familiar with any of these? What's a new author find for you?