Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favourite RIP books


This week's theme from The Broke and the Bookish people is Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Books Of X Genre  Since we are in the middle of Readers Imbibing Peril season, those books of mystery, suspense, thriller, golthic, horror or dark fantasy, that's my genre: scary books. I'm only picking my favourite books that I've read during RIP season. I realize I read many suspense and thriller  and mystery books all year, so the only way to make this a bit easier is to limit to actual challenge books.



2007

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Everything's Eventual by Stephen King (short stories)
never let me go by Kazou Ishiguro
The Thirteenth Tale Diane Setterfield



2008

Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith






2009 (both Canadians!)
Still Life by Louise Penny
No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay


2010
Room by Emma Donaghue
Thirteen Hours by Deon Meyer



2011

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
And then there were none by Agatha Christie
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton



2012

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Stiff: the curious lives of human cadavers by Mary Roach
The Calling by Inger Ash Wolfe



2013 (both audiobooks)
Mr Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
The Treatment by Mo Hayder



2014

Sharp Object by Gillian Flynn
The Secret Place by Tana French



2015

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman  on audiobook again!