Tuesday, December 5, 2017

VIRTUAL ADVENT CALENDAR: O Holy Night by the Beck Sisters


I was browsing around social media, trying to think of an Advent Tour post when I landed on this sweet video. There are many aspects of this that make it a Christmas post to share. 
First of all, what a beautiful song! Amy and Rachel Beck are sisters who sing the loveliest harmonies and everytime I hear them, I remind myself I should see them perform more often. To make this a more typical Island story, Amy taught at my school two years ago and was a great addition to our staff.
Second, it reminds me how talented our little Island is with singers. While I haven't seen all of them perform, I've heard of all of them. If you ever get a chance to hear Lennie Gallant, he's super amazing on this album of amazing singers.
Finally, no surprise that these performers donated their talents to a fund-raiser album, A Special Island Christmas, for Special Olympics. Christmas is all about charity and giving and sharing our blessings.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to sprite for hosting and organizing the Virtual Advent Tour again. Did you know, Sprite, that you commented on my very first Advent post in 2007? Happy ten year friendaversary! Merrty Christmas!
 Here's some of my old Virtual Advent Tour posts with some great books, recipes, and riddles.
Thanks for stopping by again this year. Having the Virtual Advent Tour is now a tradition at Christmas for me. Here's my past posts:
In 2016, I shared the lights of my town, and a recipe for Spumoni shortbreads
In 2015, I shared my Christmas decorations in our new home
In 2014, there was no tour
In 2013, I shared a Christmas series of novellas by Anne Perry that I listened in audio
In 2012, I posted some favourite Christmas mystery  books
In 2011, I posted a 'recipe' for fruitcake that my grandmother had given me.
In 2010, I took a humorous look at some local events on Prince Edward Island.
In 2009, we played 'guess the carol'
In 2008, I played a game of 'guess the movie', and my favorite Christmas picture ever.
In 2007, it was the original 'guess the carol' game, with your vocabulary tested, and my whipped shortbread cookie recipe.