Thursday, June 7, 2012

CHALLENGE: Paris in July 2012



I had a lot of fun last year reading for Paris in July, so I am pleased that Karen at Bookbath and Tamara at Thyme for Tea are again hosting a Paris in July event. During the month of July, read your book, eat some food, watch a movie. Something French.

Books I might read:
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
  by John Baxter
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
French Lessons by Ellen Sussman
Foreign Bodies by Cynthia Ozick

from last year's list:
a mystery by Fred Vargas
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (some year I'll get this actually read!)
Madame de Stael: The First Modern Woman by Francine Gray (I started reading this on dailylit.com last year)

Movies I might watch:
Coco or La Vie en Rose


What I Read in 2012: 
1. French Lessons - Ellen Sussman (novel)
2. Foreign Bodies - Cynthia Ozick (novel)
3. The Paris Wife - Paula McLain (novel)
4.