Monday, January 21, 2013

CHALLENGE: Aussie Author Challenge 2013


Challenge Period: 1 January 2013 – 31 December 2013
TOURIST
- Read and review 3 books by at least 2 different Australian Authors
- Fiction or non-fiction, any genre.
FAIR DINKUM
- Read and review 12 books by Australian Authors
- Ensure at least 4 of the authors are male, at least 4 of the authors are female and at least 4 of the authors are new to you
- Ensure at least 2 of the books are non-fiction and at least 4 fiction genres are represented amongst your 12 titles.
Balanced and diverse reading is the objective here.


Shall I try again? Hosted by Booklover Book Reviews for the third year, I've never done better than the tourist level, and with all the rules on the Fair Dinkum, I can't see me getting that level done this year either! But, the fun is in the trying, so try, try again.

Here's my list of books from last year that I hoped I'd read:
Kerry Greenwood - (Phrynne Fisher series) Murder in Montparnasse
Peter Temple - (Jack Irish series) Bad Debts, Black Tide,
Jaclyn Moriarty - The Murder of Bindy McKenzie
Kate Grenville - The Secret River, Lillian's Story
Kate Morton - The Forgotten Garden
Thomas Keneally - Schindler's Ark
new ideas:
Monica McInerney - Lola's Secret


What I got read in 2013:
1. Monica McInerney - Lola's Secret  (new to me, female, chick-lit)
2. Kate Grenville - The Idea of Perfection (new to me, female, literature)
3. ML Stedman - The Light Between Oceans (new to me, female, literature)
4. Kerry Greenwood - Murder in Montparnasse (female, mystery)
5. Kristel Thornell - Night Street (new to me, female, biographical fiction)
6.