Friday, January 24, 2014

CHALLENGE: What's in a Name? 2014





I've been cutting back on the blogging, and never really 'signed up' for new challenges for 2014. I'm still reading lots (not quite as much) but my theory on challenge burn-out was as much about organizing and keeping track of everything, as it was about finishing. Everyone reaches a point where they can't or don't want to keep track. Facebook games have distracted me while on the computer, for example. I also find myself hanging out at Librarything a little more, socializing in the groups there.

However, some traditions die hard, and What's in a Name, and a few other challenges can't be missed. I almost did miss this one, but I saw on Literary Feline's blog that she had signed up for this one, and it seemed like a great idea. Go check it out.

~ A reference to time in the title 
*Diamond Dreams: 20 Years of Blue Jays Baseball - Stephen Brunt


~ A position of royalty in the title
 2. Princess Elizabeth's Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal
*Empress Orchid by Anchee Min

~ A number written in letters in the title
1. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (Feb)
6. Tenth of December - George Saunders (Mar)
*Just One Look by Harlan Coben

~ A forename or names in the title
3. Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
*Citizen Vince by Jess Walter

~ A type or element of weather in the title
*Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
The Snow Child by Ivey Eowyn

*own the book