Sunday, December 30, 2012

CHALLENGE: Series Goals 2013




 

Thanks to SuziQoregon at Whimpulsive for the inspiration, this was my most successful challenge of last year. I got organized, and read a ton (or 20) of books, and got back to my mysteries. I got a good number of series up to date, found a few new ones, and rediscovered a few older series that I'd forgotten. So, once again!

The Ones I got up to date in 2012. Will there be new books in my favorite series in 2013? 

Darko Dawson by Kwei Quartey
The Dublin Murder Squad by Tana French

Inspector Armand Gamauche by Louise Penny
     How the Light Gets In (Aug 2013)
The Number One Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
     The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon (Nov 2013)
Vish Puri by Tarquin Hall
      The Case of the Love Commandos (Oct 2013)
Detective Erlendur by Arnaldur Indridason
       Strange Shores (Sept 2013)
Flavia de Luce by Alan Bradley
    Speaking From Among the Bones - read April 2013
Inspector Montalbano by Andrea Camilleri
   The Dance of the Seagull  - listened May 2013
   Hunting Season (April 2013) --> never got released
   Treasure Hunt (Sept 2013)

The Ones I Had on the list in 2012, but didn't finish:


The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz   
4. The Spellmans Strike Again Mar 2013

5. The Trial of the Spellmans  May 2013
6. The Last Word (July 2013)








Martin Beck Crime series by Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall
6. Murder at the Savoy
7.The Abominable Man
8. The Locked Room
9. Cop Killer
10. The Terrorists

Phrynne Fisher by Kerry Greenwood
8. Urn Burial (Not available in library)
9. Raisins and Almonds (Not available in library)
10.Death before wicket (Not available in library)
11. Away With the Fairies  (Not available in library)
12. Murder in Montparnasse  july 2013

13. Castlemaine Murders (Not available in library)
14. Queen of the Flowers
16. Murder in the Dark
17. Murder on a Midsummer Night
18. (Not available in library)
19. (Not available in library)
20. (Not available in library)



The Ones Where I thought I'd read in 2012 and then didn't: 

Inspector Espinosa by Luis Alfredo Garcia-Roza
Only one of these that I have left to read may be available at my library.
Pursuit 
Blackout


Harry Hole by Jo Nesbo
Nemesis  Oct 2013

The Devil's Star
The Redeemer
The Snowman
The Leopard





Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
3. Dexter in the Dark (August 2013)

4. Dexter by Design
5. Dexter is Delicious
6. Double Dexter
7. Dexter's Final Cut (Sept 2013)

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Pardonable Lies  April 2013
Messenger of Truth August 2013 (audiobook)

An Incomplete Revenge
Among the Mad
The Mapping of Love and Death (available in audiobook/Halifax)
A Lesson in Secrets (available in audiobook/PEI)
Elegy for Eddie
Leaving Everything Most Loved

An Irish Country Series by Patrick Taylor
An Irish Country Christmas
An Irish Country Girl
An Irish Country Courtship


The Ones Where I Forgot how good they were:

Commissario Brunetta by Donna Leon
4. Death and Judgment  (read in 2012)
2. Death in a Strange Country
3. Dressed for Death
5. Death in High Water


The Ones Where I started new in 2012?

  
Matthew Shardlake by CJ Sansom
Dissolution (read in 2012)
Dark Fire
Sovereign
Revelation
Heartstone






Mrs Pollifax - Dorothy Gilman

Hazel Micallef - Inger Ash Wolfe
The Calling (read in 2012)
The Taken
A Door in the River

Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly
The Black Echo (read in 2012)
The Black Ice   (Feb 2013)
The Concrete Blonde (May 2013)
The Last Coyote
Trunk Music


the ones I want to start reading in 2013  

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
Mistress of the Art of Death (read Jan 2013)
The Serpent's Tale (read August 2013)
Grave Goods (available in audiobook/Halifax)
A Murderous Procession 
 
Jack Caffery by Mo Hayder (rec'd by suziQoregon)
Birdman (2000) april 2013
The Treatment (2001) Sept 2013 (audiobook)
Ritual (2008)
Skin (2009)
Gone (2010)
Poppet
Wolf


3 comments:

  1. Do you use FictFact for your series? I finally signed up this past summer. It's not perfect, but it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Lost some comments:

    Susan wrote: I have to join this challenge! Most of the new books I bought for Christmas are parts of series, and I am determined to catch up in most of the series (if I can) this year. I really want to!

    I like how you organized your goals and achievements, too. I think I am going to do one like this, so I can see what I did read, and still need to read to catch up in. Thanks, raidergirl.

    I'm happy to see I'm ahead of you in some series (Jo Nesbo, Matthew Shardlake) but so far behind you in everything else! lol

    Happy reading in 2013, and I hope you catch up in all the series :-)


    Carl V wrote: I was so happy to discover and devour the Louise Penny books this year. I have only the latest to read and I'll be anxiously awaiting the next one.

    Also finally got caught up with Flavia with I Am Half-Sick of Shadows. Such a great holiday read. Very much looking forward to the new one coming out.

    I've heard great things about the Donna Leon books and would like to try the first one sometime this next year.

    Yes, it is hard telling how long it would take me to get through that long of a series of novels. I could see myself enjoying it but only if spread out over many years because there is generally a sameness to these kind of novels after awhile. Which is fine if you enjoy them but can get old quick if you read too many of them too close together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - I'm glad you made good progress in your series. I caught up in most of the ones I'd targeted for 2012. I need to put together a list of what I'm focusing on in 2013.

    I see we read a lot of the same series - I need to check out the ones you mentioned that I'm not familiar with.

    I love your "I thought I'd read but didn't" category - I've got a few of those myself

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)