I've made my own personal challenge. I've read one book by the author, and loved it. I've been meaning to go back and read another of their books.
I left the list short and manageable, but these are authors I've been meaning to read for quite a while. Sometimes, the book I haven't read is the one that made me notice the author in the first place, but I ended up reading a different book first. Which I loved! So read the second book already!
Feel free to make your own little list. Keep it short. Anyone else remember that TV show, Once and Again? It was made the same people that made thirtysomething. I watched it during the three years it was on.
Read Station Eleven. Always meant to read Last Night in Montreal
Read Little Children. Always meant to read The Abstinence Teacher or The Leftovers
- The Leftovers was very good and I'd read another by Perrotta for sure
Read We Were Liars. Always meant to read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
- loved Frankie! great book, boarding school stuff, feminist awakening, girl not putting up with stuff
4. Claire Messud
Read The Woman Upstairs. Always meant to read The Emperor's Children
- I took this out from the library, and read about 15 pages, but I just wasn't getting into it. It seemed long and I wasn't enticed that early in the book. I had seem some poor reviews as well on LT, so returned the book. I may try it another time, or maybe try a different book by Messud
Read Gillepsie and I. Always meant to read The Observations
- Lots of similarities between Gillespie and I and The Observations - possible unreliable narrator, 1800s, Scotland. Good read, suspenseful, with twists
Read Intuition. Always meant to read The Cookbook Collector
- another well written novel, with interesting and real characters. Nice use of 9/11 to tie up the book. I'm not sure how to classify Goodman. character driven stories with some moral dilemmas.