Saturday, September 3, 2016

CHALLENGE: R(eaders) I(mbibing) P(eril) XI


After a year's break, Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings is back hosting RIP for the eleventh edition! I started at the second one, and these are my favourite type of books to read.
Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Gothic
Horror
Dark Fantasy


R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI takes place from September 1st, 2016 through October 31st, 2016.
There are only two expectations if you want to participate with us:

1. Have fun reading (and watching*).
2. Share that fun with others.
Stay tuned for a Top Ten Tuesday of my favourite reads of RIP over the years





Read 4 books.

Possible books include:

Misbegotten by Katherine Webb - gothic, murder, mystery- 
The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore - suspense, mystery
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith - murder, mystery, thriller
The Last Policeman  by Ben H Winters - apocalypse, mystery, crime
The End of Watch by Stephen King - thriller, mystery, suspense
The Water Rat of Wanchai - Ian Hamilton - mystery
The Trespasser by Tana French - murder, mystery

Books Read:
1. The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore - suspense, mystery 
2. The End of Watch by Stephen King - mystery, thriller, suspense
3. The Misbegotten by Katherine Webb - gothic, mystery, murder
4. Criminal - Karin Slaughter (audiobook) - mystery, police, murder
5. The Trespasser - Tana French - mystery, police, murder





I've just started watching Stranger Things on Netflix, and it definitely fits into the RIP category. My 13 year old has come to the living room to investigate the screaming she's been hearing when I watch this scary show. I plan to watch the last 5-6 episodes during this RIP season.