Tuesday, December 15, 2015

VIRTUAL ADVENT TOUR 2015: #AMonthofFaves : Favourite Holiday Decorations




I'm combining two blogging events today: #AMonthofFaves, and The Virtual Advent Blogging Tour hosted and revived by spritewrites. However you got here, welcome!

Join hosts  GirlxoxoTraveling with T and Estella’s Revenge in looking back at the year that was, sharing your favs.  Check out the Event Schedule.



Even though Christmas is about spending time with family, the decorations that we bring out each year hold their own memories of people and places. I'm not a big decorator, but I make that little bit of effort at Christmas. We won't put the (real) tree up til this weekend, but until then, here are a few of my favourite Christmas things.



New house in 2015, fireplace and mantel to decorate. I love these reindeer and being able to have them as the center of the mantel. The little penguin on the left is our newest addition.


Fresh poinsettia, surrounded by those annual stuffed toys from Sears from when the kids were little.


The poinsettia was from a fundraiser, supporting our nephew's hockey team. Christmas is a time of helping out.


thanks Pinterest for the decorating ideas!


I also love having a staircase for decorating. The garland looks particularly nice with the white mini-lights at night, and Santa hats are stored in the basket.


The three little kittens who lost their mittens, hand made (from a kit) by my sister and I when we were kids, almost forty years ago. Momma cat stands a little further along in the bookcase, safe from people.


A Christmas tea pot that was my grandmothers. She loved china and pretty things.



Pictures of my three children from that adorable age (6-8 months) when they can sit up on their own, but not get anywhere. Each has a little Ty Christmas teddy that I always put with their pictures.


I wish I had more of these little wooden Christmas birds.  So cute!


Box of Christmas books for seasonal reading - one of the best is the Christmas I Spy book, and the homemade quilted book by Nana with the little Santa which moves on each page.


I love Christmas Lenox ornaments. Maybe someday they will have shipping to Canada.


Beautiful cross-stitch Christmas scene, made my a former girl-friend of an uncle of mine. Also, self-portrait.

Merry Christmas !